Symptoms Of Flu & Cold – What To Do..
Symptoms of Flu & Cold are miserable and usually include some of many of:
– General body aches and often shooting sharp pain.
– Fever, but often feeling cold and shivering.
– Headache and/or eye pain.
– Sneezing, coughing, sore throat.
– Extreme fatigue
– Some flu virus’ cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
– Cold symptoms are often very similar, without the overall body aches and digestive symptoms.
The ability to fight off cold and flu is very much a part of your own immune system’s ability to ‘fight back’. That comes from within, together with lifestyle, stress levels, etc. You’re not going to suffer from these issues because your body lacks the vaccine.
But I think it may be even more important that you know just what is in that vaccine. I think you’ll agree with me that you’d rather not have these things injected into your body.
• egg protein (cell culture)
• sucrose (stabilizers)
• gelatin (stabilizers)
• polysorbate 80 (stabilizer)
• aluminum salts (adjuvants)
• formaldehyde (inactivating ingredient)
• thimerosal/mercury (preservative)
• penicillin/sulfa drugs (antibiotics)
The manufacturing of the flu vaccine begins with an egg protein, which is used to grow enough virus to make the vaccine. Next, formaldehyde is added to kill the virus, and small doses of antibiotics are included to prevent any bacterial contamination of the vaccine during the manufacturing process. Thimerosal (50% mercury..a known and very dangerous neurotoxin) is added in most flu vaccines as a preservative to prevent any further contamination, and sucrose, polysorbate 80, or gelatin is added to stabilize the vaccine for transportation and storage. Finally, aluminum salts are added in order to help stimulate an immune response to the “dead” virus.
As you can see, many of these ingredients are toxic, being know carcinogens and detergents that have harmful or even worse, unknown effects on you. The package inserts for Fluarix and Fluvirin even say that it is uncertain whether or not your fertility will be affected. Nice.
Formaldehyde is a powerful chemical used as a disinfectant and preservative in mortuaries and medical labs. It is listed as a human carcinogen in the 12th Report on Carcinogens published by the National Toxicology Program.
Studies have demonstrated that thimerosal, because of it’s mercury content, can contribute to the development of autoimmune diseases by suppressing the overall immune system and causing systemic inflammation. Due to the controversy concerning this additive, some companies have started producing thimerosal-free vaccines, which are available in a limited supply at certain pharmacies, but often doctors are hesitant to get these as their shelf life is much, much shorter.
Polysorbate 80 is a detergent used to help drugs and chemicals cross the blood-brain barrier. Unfortunately, this stabilizer is also used to treat chronic kidney failure and can contribute to liver toxicity. Polysorbate 80 was also shown to cause “severe non-immunologic anaphylactoid reactions” in this study from 2005.
Aluminum is a recognized neurotoxin that can adversely affect the central nervous system and cause cognitive deficiency and dementia if it enters the brain. Numerous studies have linked aluminum to Alzheimer’s disease.
The antibiotics hidden in the flu vaccine include neomycin, streptomycin, or penicillin, which can cause severe allergic reactions in many people. Not to mention that the overuse of antibiotics can increase your risk for gut infections, like Candida overgrowth.
Steps To A Healthy Winter And Get Rid Of Symptoms of Flu & Cold:
1) Wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds to kill virus, it takes at least that long for washing to work.
2) 80% of the immune system lies within your gut. So many people have diseased or disabled digestive systems with the wrong bacteria living within. Particularly if they’ve taken antibiotics and never corrected back to the normal or ‘good’ gut flora. Take a high end probiotic with at least 25 billion units.
I find this particularly applies to kids, as the majority have taken some form of antibiotic while very young and their digestive flora and integrity has not even been established. This really puts them behind the ‘8-ball’ and hence you see SO many colds and flus in young to about 13 year old kids. Use the Vita Kids Immune and Super Immune Space Sprinkles for them and give them a fighting chance.
3) Both alcohol and sugar consumption suppresses the immune system, even in moderate amounts. Reduce your intake of both.
4) Reduce stress, as it definitely lowers your immune system. I know, easier said than done, but often we put way too much on ourselves and when you take a hard look at your life, many things can be eliminated or at least reduced. Also techniques like yoga, meditation, massage, etc. can help greatly.
5) Get 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. Nothing knocks your immune system out like being under slept. That’s when most of your body’s detoxing occurs and it’s critical to good health.
6) Take the immune boosters I suggested below. There are ones for adults and children.
Vitamin D3: Studies abound about the immune enhancing abilities of D3. At a time of year when we don’t make enough, it’s when we need it the most.
Beta Gold: A very effective immune support supplement to help us fight off anything, not just the symptoms of flu & cold. Excellent results are seen in my office everyday.
Glutaclear: To up-regulate your cells’ glutathione levels and studies have shown that virus cannot effectively reproduce (therefore cause illness) in the presence of adequate glutathione. That means ANY virus.
Vita-Kids Immune: Our kids are so susceptible because of the exposure they receive in school buses or rooms, with re-cycled air. Virus just has a hayday, infecting child after child. This combination again, enhances their immune systems to ward off infection.
Super Immune Space Sprinkles: I just love this product for kids..and they do too. It is a specially formulated blend of several probiotics in a naturally sweet base that changes color when sprinkled on food, designed specifically for children.
Oral supplements of live, beneficial intestinal microorganisms for nutritional health and well-being are knownas probiotics. Dietary probiotics colonize the intestinal tract, depending on the specific bacterium to host affinity. Bacteria are continually in competition for colonization space. The original bacterial colonies have an advantage over transient bacteria. Nevertheless, the composition of the intestinal microflora is dynamic and constantly changing. If harmful microorganisms proliferate, the equilibrium is disturbed, and it becomes difficult even for indigenous bacteria to maintain their necessary territory to colonize the intestine.
Antibiotics tend to kill off both beneficial and harmful bacteria, and thus may also disturb the normal, healthy balance of intestinal microorganisms. Recent studies have indicated that probiotics might be useful in nutritionally supporting the body’s natural response to inflammation and allergies, as well as stimulating the immune system. One strain in particular, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, has been used in Bulgaria for over a decade as an immune enhancing supplement.
Again..people ask what I use in the office. Here’s my small list…there are others of course, but this will get most people through the winter in health.
Tumeric: A great aid to decrease inflammation and add to gut health, allowing the proper probiotics to bloom and ‘rule the roost’.